Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wedding Dress Shopping!

Nope, I'm not getting married--not even remotely close! Don't let the title of this blog fool you =). 

Yesterday I went wedding dress shopping with Jacqueline. She asked me to come along to give an honest opinion (something I'm very good at-ha!), and help her find the right dress that would look flattering on her. Our goal was to find ONE dress that would be perfect for her Hawaii beach wedding and a Catholic church wedding in Texas (which means-no boobies showing and must be a bit conservative!) Wow, we have a big task on our hands!

Here's my outfit for the day. I LOVE the fit of this vintage top! One of the sales girls said she loved my look and called me "Sexy Cowgirl." Hmmm, not sure if that's the look I was going for....ha! Thanks, I'll take the compliment!  

We went to 4 bridal shops yesterday...whew!  After sifting through hundreds of wedding dresses, they were all starting to look the same to me. 

Here we are thumbing through bridal magazines to get ideas.

Hmm, am I in the wrong business? I can't believe the prices of these dresses. Geez Louis!
Here are a few looks I'm totally feeling! LOVE this image!
Sooo pretty!
Soft, vintage-romantic vibe. This is so me! Loving this dress!

I always say, "You wear the dress, never let the dress wear you!"

I can't believe how much veils cost! This one was $350, HUH? Seriously, $350 for tulle? $500 for veils w/french lace. OMG! I told Jacqueline I could go down to the Garment District myself and buy tulle, cut it up and glue it onto a hair clip for her.  I'm definitely in the wrong business. This might be my next business venture- wedding veils for the baller on a budget! HA!

By the end of the day, I think we may have found the perfect dress! It's so couture looking and she looked amazing in it. It definitely said her name all over it! I hope it's the one Jacq!    


No comments: