Monday, July 14, 2008

Falling in LOVE all over again...

A few months ago I moved back to the East Village from Washington Heights after 2 ½ years.I gave up my HUGE Uptown apt on the first floor, to live in a place that is a 1/3 of the size and is a 4th floor walk up (imagine walking up those stairs carrying a huge suitcase after a 15hr flight, or coming home at 4am after a long night---not fun).

I LOVE living downtown and being in the middle of everything again. There are so many great restaurants, cool bars/lounges, and the cutest boutiques. I step outside of my place and there is this energy that sucks me in. I get inspired by the architecture, art on the streets, and the people I see.

Spent the afternoon with Cat hanging out in the West Village.
Had lunch at Bar Pitti (one of my favorite Italian spots in the city).
Their Rigatoni Piti and Penne Arrabbiata are both so yummy for my tummy!


Check out my great finds on my way to lunch!
Cool design and color.

I'm always inspired by vintage things.

Leopard belt- $30
I rarely...actually, NEVER ever really wear anything leopard.
I found this cool vintage belt that has a splash of leopard.
Love love love the gold chain details!

Vintage Shoes- $45
Too cute! Check out the knotted details.
I'm definitely rocking these all summer with my YUMI KIM dresses!

Scarf-$10 
I bought this scarf for inspiration.
Beautiful print & color combination.

On my way home I came across 2 girls selling lemonade and cookies by my apt. Isn't this sight too precious? They were so young, and so ambitious!
I gave them 3 pieces of advice:
1) STAY IN SCHOOL
2) DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS
3) STAY AWAY FROM BOYS!

I've traveled a lot the past few years, been to the most amazing cities all over the world, but none of them can ever compare to New York. New York just has so much energy and life to it. While walking around my neighborhood this past weekend, I realized one thing....
I've falling in LOVE with New York all over again.

No comments: